The Zion Cemetery in Jerusalem was created in 1848 as a Protestant cemetery. The very different graves remind among others to the famous Egyptologist and archaeologist Flinders Petrie (1853-1942), the architect, city planner and orientalist Conrad Schick (1822-1901) or the theologian and missionary Johann Ludwig Schneller (1820-1896), who founded and directed the Syrian Orphanage (for children from the civil war between the Druze and Maronites in Lebanon) in Jerusalem in 1860. Jakob and Friederike Haspel (1841-1901) worked there, both of whom were buried in the cemetery.
Part of the cemetery area is dedicated to German and Austrian soldiers of the First World War, including aviation departments 300 and 302.
The cemetery thus uniquely reflects the multi-ethnic structure of the city in the 19th and early 20th centuries. An archaeological excavation and restoration project started in 2015.
As an introduction, see the article on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Zion_Cemetery,_Jerusalem and the article https://www.graves.mountzion.org.il/protestant-cemetery/
To the conflict over the cemetery see the article (2 April 2017) in Deutschlandfunk https://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/die-friedhoefe-auf-dem-jerusalemer-zionsberg-konflikte.1278.de.html